Tuesday 24 July 2012

Tie Dye - DIY Fashion

The 60's tie dye trend is back. I been trying to find cheap tie dye t-shirts  for while now but they are all sleeveless or cropped so I decided to make my own. I spent the whole day yesterday tie dyeing it actually really easy. 

What you need:
·        I used Dyon hand dye but other products are probably better 
·        Bucket 
·        Jug
·        Water Bottle or Squeezers   
·        Salt 
·        Elastic Bands 
·        Clothes to dye 
·        Rubber Gloves

Process: 
1. Wash thoroughly. Leave damp 
2. Using rubber glovers, dissolve dye in 500ml / 1/2 litre of warm water (small water bottle) Dissolve in jug
3. Fill Bucket with 6 liters of warm waterStir 250g (5 tbstp) salt 
4. Add dye to bucket
5. Either put clothes in bucket and leave for 20-30min or…to create patterns with more then   one colour - put dye into water bottle and squeeze patterns onto the clothing (In a separate bucket)
      Dip dye – Quickly dip clothing in dye bucket, then pin clothing to bucket and let it soak for 20-30min
6. When finished tie dying leave clothes in separate plastic bags over night  
7. Next day rinse thoroughly to get rid of asses dye
8. The hang to dry to see you creations


Dip dye 

 Here I created a spiral shape and squirted different colour dyes on it

 My Creations 


And for those who can't be bothered to make their owns here are sum nice patterns I found in different store




6 comments:

  1. I love tie dye! I used to do it when I was a teenager in the 70's. I like the ones that you did. You might inspire me to do one myself! :-)
    Donna
    www.prettysparklythings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, great DIY post! I had some tie dye jeans but I sold them....maybe I shoudlnt have haha. Thanks for your lovely comment also xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great effect.
    I wonder if you would like to follow each other : ).

    http://www.glossylala.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tie dye on other people but I look so ridiculous in it haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lOVING THE TIE DIE ILL BE SURE TO TRY IT AT HOME. HELPFUL BLOG! PLEASE FOLLOW ME - http://leblogdehrisanthis.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got a great blog. Very unique style in each picture. I followed you and will for sure visit your blog on a regular basis. I will be honored if you can visit my blog www.instyleforless.org, follow and like if you think it's worth your time. I will be so grateful for whatever comment you have.
    Haley www.instyleforless.org

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I'm always pleased to hear your views